Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- Scientists identify potential marker for recurring HPV-positive oropharyngeal cancer
- Scientists develop potential treatment to prevent hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Can Hormone Replacement Therapy help hold off dementia?
- Clot buster treatment safe, effective for patients who required living assistance pre-stroke
- Older, healthy adults with systolic BP below 140 have lower stroke risk
- 2015 top heart disease, stroke research announced
Do you need a medical term explaining?