Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- Nicotine, cotinine can potentially inhibit DNA damage caused by NNK in tobacco smoke
- Study: Slow walking, memory complaints may predict future dementia
- Slow walking speed, memory complaints can predict dementia
- Manipulating key protein in brain holds potential against obesity, diabetes
- Boy, 9, has 'ticking timebomb' in his brain that gives him stroke-like attacks
- Dementia carers need more medication support, report says
Do you need a medical term explaining?