Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- Alpine HC completes interior fit-out for Vida Grange dementia care home
- Onset of hypertension later in life linked to lower dementia risk, study finds
- MGH researchers identify protein that may protect tumor-initiating cells in breast cancer
- Stroke survivor: Virtual Reality helped me walk again
- Functional deficits caused by mini-strokes can last longer than previously thought
- The lasting effects of ministrokes may contribute to dementia
Do you need a medical term explaining?