Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- Authors examine potential reasons for the persistence of FC, other autism fads
- Governor Tom Wolf announces new initiative to improve care for seniors in Pennsylvania
- Pollution effect: Potentially toxic microbes pose threat to drinking water
- Reviving drugs with anti-stroke potential, minus side effects
- More supermarket chickens than ever contaminated with potentially lethal food poisoning bug
- EORTC researchers review potential treatment options for patients with locally advanced breast cancer
Do you need a medical term explaining?