Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- Better patient outcome linked to Get With The Guidelines-Stroke
- Five fast things you should know about stroke
- Study links residential radon exposure to hematologic cancers in women
- New study reveals increased risk of dementia in patients with rosacea
- Clinical study to evaluate safety of investigational cell therapy to treat chronic motor deficits after stroke
- Origins, spread of potentially deadly Valley Fever tracked
Do you need a medical term explaining?