Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- 'I felt as if I had become fear itself': life after a stroke at 34
- The New Health Care: Change in Health Care Law Would Take Aim at Consumer Inertia
- Clementia gets Orphan Medicinal Product Designation from EMA for palovarotene
- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation studied for stroke rehab
- Month-long residential program helps young adults stay drug-free
- Evolutionary principles used to model cancer mutations, discover potential therapeutic targets
Do you need a medical term explaining?