Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- JAL worried about potential impact of Ebola on travel market
- Hospital bed positioning can affect outcomes of stroke patients
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
- Partial nephrectomy efficacious for clinical T2 renal masses
- DSN supports research into possible links between deafness and dementia
- Mediterranean-style diets, physical activity can lower risk of first-time stroke
Do you need a medical term explaining?