Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- Study suggests potential treatment for cardiovascular disease in people with apoE4 gene variant
- Ultrasound as good as CT for initial diagnosis of kidney stones : study
- Officials warn of potentially toxic algae on major Portland river
- British Ebola survivor flies to the US bedside of friend battling the deadly virus for potentially life-saving blood transfusion
- ICO-IDIBELL researchers identify 5 genes differentially expressed in colorectal tumors
- Isis receives $4 million in milestone payment from Achaogen for initiation of plazomicin Phase 3 study
Do you need a medical term explaining?