Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- West Virginia University receives NIH award as part of BRAIN initiative
- Asia Pacific dental implant market predicted to grow exponentially through 2023
- NPI leaders to invest more than $30M to support White House BRAIN Initiative
- Potential biomarker to detect SCID (severe combined immunodeficiency)
- Titian Software launches Mosaic system for sample management efficiency
- U-M researchers describe new approach to discovering potential cancer treatments
Do you need a medical term explaining?