Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- How Viagra could help halt heart attacks and strokes, with some doctors saying it should be routinely prescribed
- Special issue of Medical Care presents updates from Safety Net Medical Home Initiative
- Dementia: Why putting my parents in a home will haunt me forever
- Women face higher stroke rates than men
- BCBSTX launches new initiative to help uninsured Texans find affordable health insurance options
- Respiratory syncytial virus: New perspectives for development of a vaccine
Do you need a medical term explaining?