Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- Asda will STEAM CLEAN chickens in fight against potentially lethal bug
- Studies refine amyloid imaging role in dementia
- New resources help healthcare providers understand, diagnose mystery strokes
- May is American Stroke Month
- LEARN TO RECOGNIZE A STROKE DURING AMERICAN STROKE MONTH
- American Heart Association Volunteers Urge Congress to Step Up for School Meals and Heart/Stroke Research
Do you need a medical term explaining?