Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- Study: Removing clot helps limit stroke disability
- Intra-arterial stroke treatment more effective than medical management with tPA, study finds
- Study finds increasing shortage of stroke specialists in the U.S.
- Metastatic RCC patients may benefit from sequential TKI strategy
- New statistical update looks at worldwide heart, stroke health
- Ninth Egyptian dies of H5N1 bird flu: Health Ministry
Do you need a medical term explaining?