Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- Without swift influx of substantial aid, Ebola epidemic in Africa poised to explode
- Costs to treat bleeding strokes increases 10 years later
- Costs to treat bleeding strokes increase 10 years later
- YEATS protein potential therapeutic target for cancer
- Nonmotor predictors of Parkinson’s dementia revealed
- Global Stroke Bill of Rights to be launched in support of stroke survivors worldwide
Do you need a medical term explaining?