Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- Could the 'Angelina Jolie gene' increase the risk of dementia? BRCA1 gene which drives breast cancer 'is linked to Alzheimer's'
- DNA repair protein BRCA1 implicated in cognitive function and dementia
- Man, 35, who suffered an 'out-of-the-blue' stroke takes to Facebook while in hospital to ask for positive stories to help him get through - and is overwhelmed by response
- BRCA1 depletion can potentially contribute to cognitive deficits in Alzheimer's disease
- Discovery opens up new avenue for research on potential treatments for Alzheimer's disease
- European and North American blood pressure guidelines may increase stroke risk in older Asian patients
Do you need a medical term explaining?