Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- United States organization takes first place for World Stroke campaign
- Semi-veggie diet effectively lowers heart disease, stroke risk
- Good Samaritan Hospital's Stroke Program certified as primary stroke center
- Brain's 'gender' may be quite flexible: Mechanism that plays key role in sexual differentiation of brain described
- PAION initiates Remimazolam Phase 3 trial in patients undergoing colonoscopy
- New study finds that walnuts have potential to benefit overall health
Do you need a medical term explaining?