Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- What can you do to prevent dementia?
- United States organization takes first place for World Stroke campaign
- Reactions: A Lively Comment Discussion About Dementia and Sex
- Dementia diagnoses rise by 25% after £55 thanks to GP payment scheme
- New studies about endovascular therapy for stroke represent paradigm shift
- Athersys stroke treatment fails study, shares slide
Do you need a medical term explaining?