Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- Teen 'can't have op to close hole in heart without heart attack or stroke'
- How being fat in your 30s could triple the risk of dementia
- Regular blood transfusion therapy reduces recurrence of strokes in kids with sickle cell anemia
- Slim to reduce the risk of dementia, middle-aged told
- Sunblock poses potential hazard to sea life
- 5 ways to fight Lewy body dementia
Do you need a medical term explaining?