Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- Opinion: Onward, Christian Health Care?
- Researchers identify molecular mechanisms that can prevent blindness, promote recovery from stroke
- BTH to develop new technologies to improve quality of life for elderly people with mild dementia
- Key discovery to preventing blindness, stroke devastation
- Large glass of wine can raise stroke risk for the over-50s
- Heavy drinking in middle-age may increase stroke risk more than traditional factors
Do you need a medical term explaining?