Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- Dengue, chikungunya and Zika virus infections can be potential health threat to travelers
- Researchers discover two plant-derived compounds with potential for fighting inflammation and pain
- Genetically inherited high cholesterol increases long-term risks of coronary heart disease and stroke
- House Bill Includes Pluses and Minuses for Heart Disease and Stroke Priorities, Says American Heart Association
- Pre-stroke risk factors influence long-term future stroke, dementia risk
- Personality Change May Be Early Sign of Dementia, Experts Say
Do you need a medical term explaining?