Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- New Survey - Many Physicians Feel Uninformed About Diagnostic and Treatment Approaches for Cryptogenic Stroke
- American Heart Association launches new national initiative
- VIDEO: Importance of culture in dementia care
- Protein research uncovers potential new diagnosis, therapy for breast cancer
- Majority confuse dementia with 'old age'
- Online advertising potentially effective in delivering targeted cancer prevention education
Do you need a medical term explaining?