Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- Palliative Care Barriers Must be Addressed for Heart/Stroke Patients, Says American Heart Association
- New initiative aims to reduce repeat heart attacks
- Anemic adults may have a higher risk of death after stroke
- Heart disease, stroke risk factors may increase in severity before menopause
- Late-onset asthma linked to increased heart disease, stroke risk
- Third 'given wrong initial heart attack diagnosis'
Do you need a medical term explaining?