Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- New electrical stimulation therapy may improve hand function after stroke
- Review highlights potentially toxic effects of herbal and dietary supplements on the liver
- UCLA-led study shows treatment can provide benefits up to 7.3 hours after onset of stroke
- How COMPUTERS are helping people with stroke-induced blindness to see: Treatment improves movement and 'strengthens eyes within weeks'
- Interruptions to rehab program after stroke or brain injury may be preventable, study reports
- Early endovascular thrombectomy plus medical therapy linked to less disability after stroke
Do you need a medical term explaining?