Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- Cheaper topical steroids could lead to potential health care and out-of-pocket savings
- Dr. Joseph Lifschutz, Who Asserted Confidentiality Right for Therapists, Dies at 92
- Obese and diabetic people have higher risk of dementia
- Rising costs, potential savings for generic, topical steroids
- Can unemployment increase stroke risk?
- Diet drinks and possible association with stroke and dementia; current science suggests need for more research
Do you need a medical term explaining?