Studies have shown that the rates for people returning to driving after a stroke vary from 20 to 60 per cent. Formal on-road driving assessment helps to ascertain whether it is safe for a person to drive after a stroke. Driver rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. may also help. Recent studies have found that people who drive after a stroke do not tend to have more car accidents or driving violations afterwards.
- Allen ZA, Halbert J and Huang L. Driving assessment and rehabilitationThe treatment of a person with an illness or disability to improve their function and health. after stroke. MJA 2007; 187: 599.
- Stent retriever devices revolutionize acute ischemic stroke care
- Digital strategies show promise for emergency heart and stroke care
- Prevention is key to closing racial disparity gap in stroke
- Midlife fitness is linked to lower stroke risks later in life
- CYP2C19 gene variants undermine clopidogrel stroke prevention
- New devices causing 'paradigm shift' in stroke care
Do you need a medical term explaining?