Seizures resulting from a stroke are usually seen within the first 24 hours after the stroke, although sometimes recurrent seizures can develop. Seizures can be treated with anticonvulsant medication.
- Khaja AM and Grotta JC. Established treatments for acuteHas a sudden onset. ischaemic stroke. Lancet 2007; 369: 319-30.
- The New Old Age: Dementia, but Prettier
- Top five: Christmas party essentials
- UT Southwestern researchers find new potential target for halting tumor growth
- Standing on just one leg, the simple stroke test for OAPs
- Ability to balance on one leg may reflect brain health, stroke risk
- 2014 top heart disease, stroke research announced
Do you need a medical term explaining?